Wednesday 14 November 2012

Looking back...

...is never a good idea.

I mean, look what happened to Lot's wife.

I may post Kingsway's offering later, or tomorrow..perhaps.  I had a Bad Day yesterday, and today is the aftermath.

I looked back.  I asked and I got an answer. I rattled off an angry email, rattling the recipient, and they ended up thinking the anger was aimed at them.  It wasn't.  I was angry with a number of people, but not them.  I've sorted out that friendship, (I think) frankly it would be very difficult to create too large a chasm between us, because that's the type of person they are.

Hands stretched out in front, not looking behind.

I know I need to move on.  The temptation to bury the pain I feel...it's too easy to do that which I did in the past.  I know now - pain, resentment, anger, bitterness, they are fertile and rampant seeds that grow as weeds and thorns, and get in the way of the good seed, or choke the plants that grow.

I need to forgive.  I need to be cleansed.  I need to be healed.  In that order. 

Receiving hands, stretched out in front, not looking behind, and definitely no digging.

No comments:

Post a Comment