Saturday 27 August 2011

Counting your blessings

Okay week 3 of all this, and I have my ups and my downs.  I'm excited, exhilarated even, at times, but Pride sometimes takes centre stage and I have to wallop it with something.  (Or ask God to.)

But I do start to get feelings that it's all too much.  Pondering this today, I should count my blessings, or at least my resources.  What do I have?

  • A 12-string guitar (an Epiphone, if you're vaguely interested) and moderately good at holding the strings down
  • A fairly good ear for music
  • A fairly good understanding of keys, chords, capabilities of instruments, and the capability of those who play them (at least in our little group)
  • Singing lessons
  • A pianist
  • A flautist
  • A cellist
  • A clarinetist
  • Another guitarist
  • Someone at the end of a telephone, or email, that I can go screaming for help and advice occasionally (more experienced than me, but PTL I haven't had to do this yet)
  • A puta
  • A printer
  • Word
  • Musescore (really is a worship leader's 2nd best friend next to Jesus.  Try it.)
  • If MS isn't your thing, Kingsway is an excellent resource, and they give you a download a week for free
  • Ah yes...
  • Jesus.  If it wasn't for Him, I wouldn't be there, at the frontline, doing something that He asked me to do long ago, but was too scared of rejection, or maybe I just wasn't mature enough to handle it
It's an honourable cup to drink from.  I pray that I do this for Him alone.






No comments:

Post a Comment