Tuesday 30 August 2011

Crisis of confidence

Happened before, will probably happen again, is happening now.

Songs picked, chord sheets done, Musescores done, sent off to group.

But.  Now I'm not so sure about my choices.  The last chorus doesn't feel slow, or worshipful enough.  I'm not sure it will create the right mood for the speaker.  I'm not confident in playing at least two of them.  Chord sheets are not up to scratch.

This happened a couple of months ago with the weekly Bible study.  I changed my mind because of a crisis in confidence with a chorus, and the worship ended up being a bit mediocre.  I should have stuck with my original chorus set.

There's a school of thought which says that it doesn't matter what you play, if the heart is directed at God, it will be as sweet smelling incense.  But playing "any old thing" which you're confident with doesn't sound like a sacrifice of praise.

I can change my mind right up to Thursday night, and no-one will be particularly grieved.  But it's bothersome to someone who wants to get it right first time.

I'll try mega practice, give it over to God, and be receptive to any change HE wants to make - I hope that He gives me that inspiration, or injects some confidence into me.

No comments:

Post a Comment