Monday 22 April 2013

Finding God

Interesting, nay, exciting things going on in Wales (well, Cwmbran at least)

Love reading about where He is seriously outpouring blessings to those willing to receive them.

The regular reader will know I'm a bit of a Jeremiah, and can sense a "but" coming on.

Yes...

...but... (now you can't say I don't disappoint)

Some of the leaders around my area are going down to Cwmbran over the next week to experience and see for themselves what is going on.  Must admit, if I were a leader too, I may consider it my duty to check out how a church is doing better than ours.  But to "experience" what is going on?  I hope not - but I feel that too many may be going with false expectations, that they will be filled to the brim with the Holy Spirit, and we'll all need shades to look at them when they come back.  The very best they can hope for is a reunion of the leaders around Wales - and this, my friends, is the beginning of unity and you know how I love to bang on about that.  I hope they get their socks blessed off.  I hope they witness healing and deliverance in abundant measure.  But is it all going to happen in Cwmbran?

Those that realise, well, actually, we can seek God's presence wherever and whenever they go then start dreaming about how revival can start in the very church they attend (or lead).  Or, in fact, revival will start where they are. And this is a worrying trend.  In social media, you get these "attend my church" notices, because "there are exciting things going on" - admirable, really...but what about the others?  Even in Cwmbran, there's a group saying "well, actually, revival didn't start there it started here..and in fact you can trace it back as far as here..." - makes you despair.

Is it not enough that lame are walking, deaf are hearing, blind are seeing, the bound are being set free?  Does it matter where revival is and do you have to go to Cwmbran to find it?

I got to thinking that a lot of people in the Bible who went off to find God, e.g. Moses, Elijah, Jesus, actually went into the wilderness - the most barren and unlikely place you can think of - and found Him.  Makes you think about those that go to the wildest gatherings, because something is "happening" they have to be there, forgetting we have a personal Christ too.

Someone once said to me, that whenever revival starts, someone, somewhere tries to control it and it is taken out of God's hands.  If God isn't in control, revival comes to a grinding halt.

And it definitely can't be done if the church aren't united with a single Holy, God-given purpose, regardless of location and logistics.

No comments:

Post a Comment