Wednesday 8 May 2013

10,000 Reasons

I read somewhere that the average person meets 10,000 people in their lifetime - presumably these are individuals with whom we interact in some way - more than a glance and/or a smile, but exchange a handshake or even a few words at least.

How many of those 10,000 influence the way we are, that have shaped our way of thinking, or even quote or talk about, years later?

Out of curiosity today, I went looking for one of those influences - and found that the Lord had taken him earlier this year.

He was an old man, in his nineties at least, and I am somewhat sorry that the last convo I had with him was shortly before his wife died over 10 years ago.  But I still talk about him, because he changed the way I thought about deliverance and miracles.  No longer can I say "he's still going, as far as I know" because He has decided that he deserves some meandGod time now, until the final day.

I may cry later, as I consider the 18 months where he held the most influence.  But, if it weren't for him, I probably would be a completely different person.

Another one of the 10,000 reasons to thank Him for putting the right person in your life at the right time.

No comments:

Post a Comment