Thursday 20 June 2013

Concerned from Conwy

Sometimes I think I could fall foul of some Description Act, as I am not so much a Worship Leader lately, as someone who occasionally picks up a guitar and belts out a couple, once in a while.

Well - I suppose, once a WL, always a WL.  Feeling philosophical, rather than unduly worried about the path.  For I walk by faith, not by sight.

Anyway, I have made a rare appearance here to state a concern of mine.

New Age.  Cue screams.

It is infecting many churches, and the odd Christian acquaintance.  What is worrying is that they don't realise.

New Age is a poison.  Unfortunately it tastes nice.  It is the fruit that Satan says looks and taste good and "Ye shall not surely die".

I would that they could hear themselves when they talk about "re-alignment" and "inner being" and "embracing" various doctrines which sound good but always make my mind go off on a tangent.

The Gospel, the Good News, is simple.  Coming to Christ is an easy prayer of faith, which if you say and mean (and the prayer itself does not need to be complicated - "Help!" will do) will change your life.  Thereafter, you do not need to feel some sort of deep spirituality.

It's quite simple.  Live by faith.  Trust Him.  He'll see you right.

Trouble is, we like to overcomplicate because it surely can't be that easy.

Buster - I find those simple statements difficult enough.  Don't make it harder.

This musing might have significance later.

No comments:

Post a Comment