Friday 11 January 2013

Drifting

Yes, I've backed off the last couple of weeks.

Actually, I've backed off a little too much I think, and started doing stuff which is....well not sinful exactly, just somewhat unworthy of me - or should that be worthy of my own self, but not for my Creator?

Whatever - I'm losing it, and I know why this is, I'm not getting regular fellowship with other Christians.

But even that is a wretched excuse.  I don't work for a Christian organisation, but it is one that is fair, balanced and respectful (yes, that is a rarity) so it isn't as if work has corrupted me, although I have been very very busy.

I will be seeing a friend on Monday, and it could be the last time I see them in a good few months.  This makes me somewhat melancholic...There's email, there's phone calls, but there's nothing like face to face...

...face to face..I can only imagine...

I need to prepare for a worship session next week, and I'm halfway there, but....something is happening in my heart, worship leading is going to become secondary in my relationship with God.  Yes, I know that it won't be, never could be, either/or, but there are indications that He doesn't see it as the most important activity He wants me for.  And I sense certain tasks are coming to a conclusion, by which time I will, and must, let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment