Sunday 20 January 2013

Just Another Boring Old Anglican

Yesterday, the worship was just perfect

I was nervous at the beginning, and then realised that I hadn't prayed properly, and I knew how it can all go belly up if you don't send up some thanksgiving.   I was used to the regular meetings, prayer time being scheduled in, it wasn't yesterday, and I had to quickly send some prayers up whilst the leader put in some intros.

Also not used to being first in the order of the day, so I thought, I'm just going to go for it.  Let's aim for Pentecostal.

I stepped back from the mic a few times, let the (very small) cong take charge of the worship whilst I had a small dance myself, not ostentatious, not too undignified, for a verse and a chorus, and then took it back again and the gifts just flowed.

Wonderful.  All worship should be that way.  I wondered what it would have been like with the group, who I miss, and are getting along without me.

There are indications that I won't be doing this much longer, but after yesterday I can let go.  To misquote Elbow, One day like that would see me right for life.

Because there are greater things than these waiting round the corner.  There was further confirmation that there are things stirring in my heart that cannot be denied.  Oh God give me the courage to see this through.

No comments:

Post a Comment