Sunday 19 February 2012

Be Still

Worship this morning

I Believe in Jesus
Lord, I Lift Your Name on High
Lord, I come to You (Power of Your Love)
Be Still (The Holy One is Here)
Peace Like a River

I unexpectedly led worship on Friday night, and the music "I" chose then changed the course of the evening.  It was so special, I was almost on my knees at the end of the message.  (I'm not proud, I would have been, but I damaged my left knee, twice, last summer and it's still not fully recovered - if a cushion had been handy...!)

I should have realised at that point that God was trying to tell me something.  The above were chosen before Wednesday, perhaps even before last Sunday (I tend to go through the choruses 8 days ahead on a Saturday)

Last night, I was apprehensive about this morning, wondering what to expect as the heartache of late has been a bit much.  I said "I'm just going to play for You, Lord", and I did.  I was invited to give my testimony this morning, and I did.

The Spirit peacefully blew about the church today, which in turn, calmed the various storms in my life.

No - none of it will go away quickly, and the 48-72 hours that I will be away from my friends, spouse and home (in a couple of weeks) I don't expect to be enough either.

He is gently calling me, whilst at the same time confirming I am where I should be, but I need to take some time and be alone with Him, and I am so looking forward to it.

To be in His presence.  To seek His face.  All I want right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment