Sunday 13 November 2011

One better day

Worship this morning:

Come, Praise the Lord
Jesus is the Name we Honour
All My Days
Jesus Christ (Once again)
Angels Bow

Nobody (other than the group of course, but only since Thursday) knew the first and last choruses, out of the rather famous Getty stable.

But - it didn't matter.  It was appreciated, I think the first will become a favourite in time, and the last the congregation will get used to and also gain its own special annointing.

Health wise - I am getting better - gradually.  Sometimes I think I'm milking it, I consider the choruses this morning and know that my problems are insignificant compared to the sacrifice that Jesus made.  So, so, so minor in comparison.  Although no-one in the church knows the full extent of what I've been through lately, I discussed the outline with one of the others; the fact is, too many problems came along at the same time, and this could be a danger period for me, a temptation to walk away from the path and carry on the same route I was on before - quite possibly the one that led to hell.

And there was a word, in fact, two, for me this morning as well.  Throughout all the pain, hassle and internal struggles I have looked to Him, constantly.  If I persevere, God will take me to a higher plain.   My struggle then was to keep the tears back to do the last worship choruses. And after the worship, the word was that I should not fear; an angel with a flaming sword was there with me.

I should thank and acknowledge those members personally, the moment wasn't right, but the Spirit is telling me I should confirm their words, as further encouragement, so that God increases in the church.

The message was wonderful too - an excellent summary of the Holy Spirit, I have notes - I think I may forego my regular Bible reading (I'm reading the Bible cover to cover, currently I'm in Jeremiah) and study the One who has become my true Friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment