Wednesday 23 November 2011

Powerpoint - the Worship Leaders 3rd best friend

Been fighting with SkyDrive, Google Docs, and even, begrudgingly, Open Office Impress and just couldn't get what I needed from them - a fully portable, interactive database of choruses and hymns for those times where the Spirit just has to have a chorus that wasn't planned for the week.

PA Man has MS Powerpoint and yes, in theory, all of the above (and others) can be converted to .ppt, but it was doing strange things on conversion.  Nothing much I could do other than stop fighting, and buy a copy of Powerpoint.  God bless Amazon, definitely in my top 10 virtual best friend list of stuff that isn't actually or directly human.  Free delivery, still arrived within a day, less than normal price (still quite expensive though.  Hoping that I will be repaid 10 fold if not in money then in spirit).  Finally I can get going on this.

As far as I'm concerned, personally...I'm...emotional...and I can't really put my finger on why. Went through the choruses last night and some of them need work, but I didn't get stressed about it.  Thought about the year again, and all He has done for me, particularly with the guitar, the highlight of the year.  Yes, that can make me emotional, but you know those that are suffering some negative disorder break down in tears for no reason - I'm having difficulty keeping tears at bay at the moment...but it isn't depression, it's joy within my heart.

This blog was not supposed to be personal, more practical...still, the twain has to meet, once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment