Sunday 15 April 2012

Lead us in unity

Today, I went with the right attitude, a renewed spirit and a sense of expectation.  I was not disappointed.

The leader said that God was going to meet with every one of us today.  He did.

It was the most wonderful Sunday service I have ever been to, and I felt privileged to play a part in it.

Worship:

These are the days of Elijah
Seek ye First
The Lord's My Shepherd (Townend version)
Beautiful Lord, Wonderful Saviour
I Worship You, Almighty God

The leader covered practically all of the doctrine we were going to sing about, before worship, and he had no idea what the choruses were going to be.  I was also asked to play The Lord's My Shepherd again, before the message.  Unheard of.  But the speaker said it fit the message perfectly, which it did.

The leader then wanted some music after the message.  (Again, extremely rare in our church).  God had already inserted one into my heart before the end of the message:

My Hope is Built (Christ the Solid Rock)

Someone said to me shortly afterwards that the cong were in spiritual unity this morning, it felt absolutely incredible.  MORE! I want more of this.  I want to be part of this.  There's exciting things about to happen as this church moves on to another stage in its life.  It is just so so awesome.

I'm not doing justice to today, I am such a poor writer.  I wish I could reveal how my spirit feels today in a painting or song that would express a thousand, ten thousand words...

No comments:

Post a Comment