Sunday 29 April 2012

Why does God do this?

Why, when you're feeling your most unworthy, sinful, broken-hearted, useless (I'm sure a few out there could add more and then some)...

...does He start to pour out encouragement after encouragement and blessing after blessing?

In some ways, it makes me feel worse.

My feelings about this morning were largely unfounded.  It was good actually, a peaceful service and different (thought I wouldn't want it every week)

The moment I walked in, I had someone encouraging me.  Then I heard something that was a further, direct encouragement, shared with the congregation...

...then I got another after the service...

...then more when sitting in the canteen...

...uhhh...Boss, please I don't know how much of this I can take.  I lost count of the fruit that was popping up after seeds thrown, some of it in a hissy fit.

Another special night coming up soon, I knew there had to be a reason for some of the revival and praise choruses I've been preparing lately.

God's got me too ashamed to be ashamed.  If you get my drift.  And if you do, explain it to me, I'm going to bed before I get a headache...

No comments:

Post a Comment