Sunday 30 October 2011

Debut

When I got a new guitar, I envisioned it having its debut at practice, or maybe Friday night Bible study (which I'm covering this coming Friday).  After playing it last night, and it already feeling liking a second skin, it was only right and proper that it has started as it means to go on; for Sundays.

Worship this morning:

Strength Will Rise
Lord I come before Your throne of Grace
Filled With Compassion
We Declare Your Majesty
This is my Desire

(Also, unplanned, almost a cappella, once through I worship You, Almighty God)

Guitar was hooked up wirelessly, through a box clipped onto my strap.  No longer do I have to stay close to the mic stands.


Lots of wonderful testemonies this morning too, after I shared mine.  The general feel was that God helps us and blesses us in the little things; a new guitar and various car troubles, along with prayer for a change of job for our flautist.

It was so wonderful to play a guitar that I could fully trust, without worrying about it going out of tune, or, horrors, a string snapping, which I have had fears of for some time, the machine heads really being on their last legs.  And it sounded beautiful.  The strings are D'addario, which I haven't experienced before, I now don't want to buy any others in future.

And - another tongue and interpretation/prophecy after worship ended.  The church really is maturing and lapping up spiritual gifts.

The other debut, Filled With Compassion, new to the congregation, picked up pretty much perfectly by the group on Thursday, was spot on for the message theme, judgement; being certain of our own salvation and passing the news onto others.  It was only right that we also played it after the sermon.  Scared a couple of the pew sitters, but we need to be shifted out of our comfort zone once in a while.

Not for the first time in recent weeks am I sorry that I'm back home, and worship is over for another week.  Trying not to think about the fact that I haven't really sorted out what they are going to be next week, let alone what I'm going to do for Bible study.  Will pray about it, with my books, later on today.

No comments:

Post a Comment