Wednesday 5 October 2011

urk!*

Hmm.  Bit late with testing out the choruses this week, and all I can say is...."urk!"*

I could

a) Change them all (urk!*)
b) Ask the group, such as it is, to bring all chord sheets/music etc that we have done in recent weeks, throw them in a heap and see what comes out (urk!*)
c) Leave it to God and pray

c) seems the best option, not that I am particularly good at multiple choice.

I have an annoying headache that won't go away, so maybe because I am not firing on all cylinders it will all seem a lot better tomorrow.

The service is being turned on its head this week, the worship will be at the end.  Communion this week, I have been asked if I would consider playing a chorus during this, or PA man will play a CD.  The pastor made a suggestion, initially I thought "erhmmerr"** but I played it this evening and Bossman gave it the thumbs up (I know, because I feel it cut right into my heartstrings), so I said "OK Boss" and that one is in.  Whether I play it solo or not is up to the group.

* urk - a corruption of irksome.  The reaction to a rather irksome or troublesome problem that a mere mortal cannot possibly fathom, coupled with the fear that it could all go horribly wrong.  However, this word is only the equivalent of DEFCON1.

** erhmmerr - a disgruntled, rather negative reaction.  Shame on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment