Tuesday 18 October 2011

Getting close to inspiration overload

OK - I half prayed for some fresh music for the church (particularly lively praise choruses)

I downloaded a worship album from Kingsway, and also bought 2 CD box sets of mixed worship from same, ripped and copied to my mp3 player.  It's pretty exciting switching on the player, as I haven't heard a lot of them before, a new adventure every day, as I have it on permanent shuffle.

Inevitably, there are some that I should remove from the player as they are far too contemporary for me, let alone the church, but this isn't the problem.  The problem is I hear one that sounds great, perfect even for introduction to the church, but I often don't have pen and paper handy and my memory is terrible.  So I'm going to have to carry a notepad around, and when I hear one that sounds good, to note it down to look up in my books later.  (There is an excellent chance of them being in any of the SOFs - being mostly Kingsway)

Three lively praise choruses have come out of my mp3 player in the last week, more than what we need going forward, also two or three slower worship and an absolutely gorgeous hymn.

I realised early on that the mp3 player really is an essential resource for the WL, coupled with SOF, a Source or two (Mission Praise is probably handy, but I personally don't have a copy), and anything the rest of the group have sitting in their garage.

It's all coming together.  I just hope He stops before my brain fries.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment