Friday 14 October 2011

Upsetting the balance

Ecc 10: 4: If the spirit of the ruler rise up against thee, leave not thy place; for yielding pacifieth great offences. (KJV 1611)

Pondered on the above for a while last night and this morning.

So easy to give up isn't it?

A couple of things have rattled me lately, one of which is a broken tooth.  The other I won't go into here, it relates to someone who I have come to see as a true Christian friend; part of the reason is, I may break down in tears if I write about it.  Needless to say, I haven't shared it with anyone, even my SOH, so another reason is I'm not going to share it here, if I can't share it with him who can I?  Other than my Lord and Protector.  Even praying about it, I said, Lord I don't know how to pray about it, but you know.....I can feel myself welling up now so I'll stop, with this Scripture, Ephesians 6:14-18:

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:   Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints (KJV)


Thinking on happier things, practice went very well last night, the new hymn was well received.  We need some lively praise choruses, and I've asked for suggestions from the group.  We can't play the same old same old for too long, we need some mix.

Now, to take my mind of the broken tooth, I'm off to chose next week's - some indications have been made, but I haven't been able to focus properly, until today.

No comments:

Post a Comment