Sunday 4 December 2011

To stand, therefore

Worship this morning:

Come, Praise the Lord
O Lord My God (How Great Thou Art)
Light of the World

....Communion, then...

Jesus, You are Changing Me
Holy Spirit, How I Love You

There were a few "pixies" in evidence today, I started playing O Lord My God in the wrong key, and a few trip ups here and there with the speakers.  Because they were ignored, they soon got bored and disappeared...

I was thinking over what to write today, other than saying what the worship was, because the theme today, and the message, encroaches into personal growth, rather than WL growth and I wanted to avoid that in my blog.

But even whilst reading the above paragraph, I realise that personal and WL growth are part of each other, and I can't possibly separate them.  Something is happening next weekend that will, I am told, change me forever.

I'm getting baptised.  There, I've said it.  No going back now.

A number of things are making me apprehensive.  Others have joked with me about it, but nerves are the least of what I'm feeling.  Friday, I felt my brain was about to explode with all the mush that was sitting in there, all the worry about stuff in my life and the future - beyond Sunday, 11th December.

"Who was with you in the bad times, and the good?  Who carried you through, even when you didn't realise it and didn't want to know?  Who has loved you when others rejected you?"

I had a vision of my hand gripping a decaying cliff edge, if I let go, I knew I would fall to my death, but I had to let go to take hold of the hand that could save my life....That evening I went to Bible study, and the pastor was led to speak of perseverance and death to sin.  Hupomone is difficult to grasp, does any mortal really, truly attain it?

I think it's going to be an interesting week.

No comments:

Post a Comment