Monday 12 December 2011

Work in progress

Yes, I did it.  I got baptised last night.  I was told it is the most wonderful experience of your life, and I think they're probably right.

It was slightly odd, but OK nonetheless, to be part of the congregation rather than the worship team.  My initial reaction to the group was, we compare quite well to them, they were good (I maintain we have a better flautist - don't tell either of them that for goodness sake) but they made me feel proud of our own 5 or 6.  We would not shame ourselves, for instance, if we ever merged with them to play together.

I have a lot of words given me, and a lot of scripture. I am still too emotional to read it all or even discuss it properly without crying.  I have some keepsakes, cards and photos, with more to come.  But the most precious memories will remain in my heart.  Forever.

Php 1:6  Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment