Sunday 18 March 2012

Comfort zone...

A mixed day.

I picked up my guitar this afternoon, the "fast" over, a surprisingly emotional moment.  Choruses picked for next week already.  Help, I'm back to being a Worship Leader.

I felt good at church today, the other guitarist has done a brilliant job this week (and last week I understand, didn't go to church last Sunday) and I felt ready to get back in there....

...then a number of things were said at the end to me which...um...irked me.

Spiritually, I'm feeling fighting fit.  But just a few words, said, I know, not to irritate me at all, in fact, may have been intended to help, but frankly, I felt undermined.  And also has gone against stuff that's been said before about the music and leadership and so forth.

What I have decided to do is leave it a couple of weeks - probably until after Easter.  Then, if this is still irking me, I will take it to the person and "have it out" in love, because I've learned it's best not to stew on these things, and the person has said as such themselves over a matter with another of the brethren...Besides, things may be back to normal in early April anyway, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment