Sunday 4 March 2012

Preparation and Confirmation

Worship this morning:

In Heavenly Armour
My Jesus, My Saviour
Salvation Belongs to our God
Jesus Christ (Once Again)
When I Survey

Something very special happened today - I got blessed.  Years ago, I used to be one of those people who would say to God "If this doesn't happen, then I'll..."....and of course it doesn't and I don't.

Nowadays, I try and remember that my yea should always be yea, and whatever I state in front of God, He will require of me.  So I was careful with my prayer last night.  Lord, I said, I know it's a turning point.  I feel I need an answer with regards to WL.  I don't think I'm up to it anymore, truth be told, or maybe I think You don't want me there...If I don't get a clear answer, then I am going to have to rethink my position, yes, even leave if that's what You require.

He made it perfectly clear this morning.  You stay right where you are.  But hand it over to me, lay it on the altar, for two weeks.  Yes, it's going to be hard.  I never said it was going to be easy.  Like silver and gold are refined, I want to refine you.

So, I'm going away, for 4-5 days, to my old haunt, SW London, to see my earthly father, and spend a lot of time with my Heavenly Father.  His mercy is sure - He has required this of me for over 2 months, but He allowed me preparation time.  He could have struck me down if He willed it, to make sure I obeyed.  But now I have to fulfill the promise I made, lay my music on the altar, and wait in his presence.  I will basically be alone for at least 3 days, and when I am back home again, replace practice and WL preparation with prayer and reading.

I'm not taking my laptop with me, and I don't think I will go to any internet cafes, or use the hotel computers, I decided it would be too much of a distraction.  So this is likely my last post until at least next weekend, or maybe I'll give this a rest too for the two weeks.

I am apprehensive, and perhaps a little scared.  What I do know is I'll be in His Hands, and that is enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment