Tuesday 13 March 2012

Rough and smooth

Here I am, back again with just my reflections for company.

I returned Friday, feeling somewhat...changed...

But Sunday I threw such an almighty hissy fit over something that later on in the day I was just so so ashamed.  Mega repentance, mega knee time.

Then I received a message about some stuff that went on in my absence - and my first reactions?  Resentment, jealousy, fear...

There is no place for such emotions and reactions in my life, as human as they are, at least they shouldn't be my first, gut reactions. It's made me think that I need to seek honesty from one, maybe two people before I decide what move I'm going to make next.

Last couple of days, after some more repentance and prayer, I've felt much better, but I'm still so uncertain.  Yet God warned me this would happen.  One of the last passages I read before coming home was in Mark's Gospel, when Jesus walks on water with the disciples fighting against a headwind...

...I came home to that headwind, one of my own making.  This could be a serious turning point, or maybe I'm blowing it out of all proportion.

Need to find out which.  And soon.  Time will be up before I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment