Sunday 8 January 2012

The battle belongs to the Lord

Worship this morning:

These are the Days of Elijah
Praise is Rising
How Deep the Father's Love for us
Into Your Hand
We Bow Down

I was not expecting, and I did not try to enduce, a repeat of the Thursday night practice, but after Praise is Rising (pretty much as in practice) the Spirit fell, and there were prayers, singing in tongues and a word or two.  Just incredible, awesome stuff, for a church that is so small and is frankly, quite vulnerable.

I was told afterwards how well the music fit the message, even though I honestly had no idea what the message was, or even who was speaking.  In fact, it was a guy who used to live very close to where I was born.  Great to hear a Sarf-West Lunnon dialect again.  :-)

Lots of battles going on in the community, and there were prayers for that - it is tempting for a church to lock down completely, in fact what we should do is be on our guard but to keep our hearts open for development, strength and growth.

I have my own battle too, which at times gets almost unbearable.  I am going to set some quiet time aside tonight and do some serious "knee" time.  (I think maybe, literally).  Broken string today, only played on 11.  Sounded good still, but when I was home I nearly cried over it, I hate things like that happening when there is nothing I can do about it.  Then again, it was a good job it happened whilst I was tuning up and not during main worship.

Another session other than normal Sunday requested of me today, by the boss, on an interesting date early February.  I'll write why it's "interesting" closer to the time, or maybe on the day itself, it may be very fitting.  Despite my own problems, God is still moving and shaking in my life and I'm still letting Him.  And I'm not going to let anything or anyone stop the transformation, for it has gone too far now to ever want to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment