Sunday 29 January 2012

Friends and fellowship

Worship this morning:

Rejoice!  Rejoice!
Thy Word
Jesus Christ (Once Again)
Purify My Heart
Open our Eyes

Something really did niggle me this morning.  I won't go into it here, but needless to say it undermined my position and made me just a little irritated that one person still refuses/oblivious to properly follow leadership.  That person isn't the only one.  Something I have learned, to learn how to lead, you first need to learn how to follow.

But, I recalled my other "birthday" today, nearly a year ago in the old church building.  I shared this, and the tears nearly flowed freely.  And yet, although I have been very emotional recently, I bottle up in church.  This, I think, is making matters worse.  I am dampening my emotions, trying to become the robot I once was.

Still, there are at least two people who know the full circumstances of what I'm going through lately.  I fight with myself, wondering if I'm being honest with myself, and God, or am I just being a drama queen?

No comments:

Post a Comment