Saturday 7 January 2012

Something special

I thought I was finally free Monday/Tuesday, however, on Friday something happened and I feel like I've slid back a bit, healthwise.

Sunday tomorrow, so must mention to prayer warriors.  Not quite as bad as last week, when I felt so bad, I had to ring up one of the prayer warriors.  So it is getting better.  Gradually.  Argh.

Anyway, something very special happened in practice Thursday night.  About halfway through, I felt something shift in the atmosphere, if it had been Sunday, I would have "asked" and "listened" to what the Spirit was trying to do.  Instead, we had to keep going through the lineup so that we were all confident.  Could not hold it back at the end, though, didn't want to, the final chorus and the Peace descended and we were silent for a good five minutes, and then we added some prayers and thanksgiving.

Wow.  Felt really blessed, I think we all did.  It was like a great big hug from God, to all of us.  It first happened some months ago, when I wasn't the (main) WL, I was just a band member, this was the first time under my "watch".  Clarinetist said something very important has happened, that we are now starting to worship with our hearts as well as with our bodies.

Going away for a day and a half next week, work related.  Picked the choruses for next Sunday already so could well relay them tomorrow to save time.  Also, I have an extra worship leading task for next Saturday.  For this, I'm going to pick "possibles" but basically do as I feel is right "on the spot" - which I am really quite excited about, as well as nervous.

God is still moving and shaking.  Hey, I feel alive, and that's what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment