Sunday 15 January 2012

Turned a corner

I can hardly believe its been a week since I last posted.  Someone once said a week is a long time in politics, it is actually a long time in normal life, you, and God, can do quite a lot.

I'll get business out of the way first.  Worship this morning:

Holy, Holy, God Almighty
Jesus! the name high over all
Light of the World
This is my Desire
I Worship You, Almighty God

It was pure, it was ordered, it felt...natural, it felt the way that every Sunday should feel, and isn't that just perfect?  We sung and prayed in tongues for the longest time we have ever done, and lots of people felt encouraged to come up to the front or speak about the visions or testimonies they had.

Some of it was born out of yesterday.  Yesterday.  The day I turned a corner.  The day that, I believe, I went to the next level of worship leading.

The message, from the away day our church had yesterday, was received in different ways by our members, and others - a mixed reception in lots of ways.  But the worship.  Oh, the worship.

I was on my own, mainly because there wasn't a lot of room where we were.  Also, I was asked to keep the worship short.  The Spirit, whatever He picked, would have to pack some punch into one or two hymns.

O Lord Our God (We will Magnify)
Take us to the River

Words can't describe it.  The Spirit fell, and early.  My voice, and my playing, sounded perfect.  He guided my thoughts and my fingers.  It felt amazing, and even that makes it sound trivial.  The words have not been invented to describe it.

A little later, during lunch, I sensed that I would only be playing one for the afternoon session (I was correct).  I went through a couple in my head, and wandered back into the room, there was one on my heart in particular, looked at a couple of the others, and it then came to the crunch - it needed announcing, and within 10 seconds, so PA man could get it up on screen, via the PP.

"Oh Lord my God, how great Thou art" I said quietly.  I played it in the way that I have received encouraging feedback for - a faster pace than normal, with extra syncopation.

I'm almost in tears, right now, remembering, the reception was In. Cred. I. Ble.  The Spirit had picked right.

Thank you God, I feel privileged, really.  How could you turn what I was into what I am now?  You're turning a dirty cup into a golden chalice.  I.  Am.  Not.  Worthy.

I did play a little more, at the end.  I felt absolutely exhausted as we trooped out the door.  But I know I did a good day's work, and God is pleased with me. 

I got more focus.  I am starting to get vision, purpose, drive.  I am becoming more eager, gaining confidence.  I really feel I can play with the big boys now.

..and yet, I know that God hasn't finished.  Lord God, what next?  An unimaginable adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment