Thursday 26 January 2012

Focus

It will be some time between now and the break, but I felt last night that if I could see the pathway through, I would pick up the most basic of belongings I have and leave the house, returning once the Walkabout has cleared my head.

And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place, and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had no leisure so much as to eat. (Mark 6:31, KJV 1611)

This, I'm coming to realise, was more than just an "incident" in the life of Jesus and His disciples. (Indeed there is no such thing as just mere "incident" in the life of Jesus, and actually, probably not any Bible person's life).  No, not just an incident.  A command, when it all gets too much, and you've forgotten that you have to eat, you have to "come ye yourselves apart" before you forget to breathe.

I think, actually, I will have to put in a request to the Boss if He can allow me to carry on for the next few weeks, and give me the strength to do so.  There are lots of reasons why I can't just drop everything, and I know He understands that.

But just maybe I'll have to drop everything sooner than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment