Friday 22 June 2012

Encouragement

It really is a blessing that I'm experiencing success in most things I'm turning my hand to. For instance, today I made a big diagram and laminated it - never done anything like that before and I'm very proud of it.   I was never good at such stuff at school, I used to get more glue and paint on my own body than on what I was making.

It's like God is saying - you're doing OK.  Just hang in there and acknowledge Me in everything you do.  And I am.

When life goes the way it is at the moment, when I've made certain decisions and plans, where the slightest upset can set off a wave of emotion, it is so comforting that God's Word is true - He will make your paths straight if you just acknowledge Him.  It makes everything much easier to bear.

Not wavering from a message I'm going to give at Bible study

Not wavering from my resolve to rest and seek Him for a couple of weeks

Seeking Him rather than getting advice for every small issue

Taking my woes to Him rather than relying on my own strengths.  Even if I do feel like an ungrateful, spoiled child sometimes.

I mean, the blessings given me are abundant.  When I hear and read of other people's lives, it puts my own problems into perspective.  But I say, it doesn't make mine any less real.  I can pray for those going through it, and some have been going through it for months.  I struggle, I fight, I then read books like James and realise that such attitudes can only end up with a literal or metaphorical dislocated hip.

Time to stop struggling, enjoy the next few days before a storm of a week coming, then hopefully peace.  MeandGodtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment