Wednesday 27 June 2012

Kingsway 26th June

Title: Isaiah 55
First Line: All who thirst come to the waters
Artist: Katie Gustafson
Composer: Katie Gustafson
Album: Introducing Katie Gustafson
Mp3: Yes
Sheet Music: Yes
CCL: Can't confirm from my usual source, but CCL site says it is
Popular sources: None (Highly likely to be on SOF6, whenever that comes out)

My thoughts: I have a weird form of sexism; there are actually very few female artists I like, perhaps they fall short of a bar that is set somewhat lower for men, or maybe it is a bizarre form of jealousy.  I do like Gustafson though, albeit there is something a bit "cutsie" about her voice.  I've liked this song since I first heard it last November, when Kingsway last put this on their freebie postings.  Also, as alluded to yesterday, the words of this song are particularly comforting for those, like me, who are seeking His presence for healing.  I remember it came up quite frequently on my mp3 player (set to permanent random shuffle) and I kept thinking, must introduce this one, then found it was far too new.  One day, maybe I'll be a leader in getting new ones into diverse churches, until then, I like them to mature a bit.  Besides, I'm enjoying listening to it, before I hear me, or anyone else, "ruin" it.  :-)

This song is available on Kingsway from today until 3rd July inc.  To access, you must logon; or register with Kingsway, who in return will add you to their mailing list, but they are not serial spammers.  Although this is free, gratis, without charge etc etc, please bear in mind that all rights are still reserved and you need all the usual permissions, and/or a worship song license to record/project/reproduce in church and quite right too.  If I state, in the general information shown above, that it is available on the usual CCL licence, it probably is, but the only One you can fully trust is YAHWEH, so for His sake at least, check out my info as it may be duff.  Please don't sue me if I've got it wrong.   Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment