Tuesday 19 June 2012

Kingsway 19th June

Title: At Your Name
First Line: At Your name
Artist: Tim Hughes
Composer: Tim Hughes, Phil Wickham
Album: Tim Hughes Ultimate Collection
Mp3: Yes
Sheet Music: Yes
CCL: Yes
Popular sources: SOF5

My thoughts: Another which has been posted by Kingsway before, last time it was for Spirit Break Out from Worship Central, this time to help promote Hughes' new album.  I prefer the former, but all the same I think this is a terrific chorus, one of our Tim's best.  It has the sort of chorus which makes me want to go to the top of an open top bus (on a sunny day), wait for it to start steaming down one of our long expressways, plug in the mp3 player and stand up and shout "YAHWEH!  YAHWEH!"

Or maybe that's just me.

I am a bit biased where Hughes is concerned anyway.  Did I say that a couple of weeks ago?  Oh.  I even have this pending for my church; music, chord sheets, word file, the lot.  It really deserves to have some circulation, and could end up being very well known indeed.  (Possibly enter the Baptist and Anglican hymnals?  Hmm...maybe not...)

Anyway, the studio version is nice and clean sounding, but a bit slow for me; the live SBO version is upbeat and strong.  If you haven't heard it before, where have you been, download it now whilst you have the chance, you won't regret it.

As an afterthought: what is the wisdom behind naming albums "Ultimate", "Best of", "Best ever" etc when the shelflife of the artist or genre is by no means expired?  What can you call albums after that?  Nearly the best ever?  Not quite the ultimate, that was the last one? Or, as usual, a different superlative?  Just thinking (I should stop doing that)

This song is available on Kingsway from today until 25th June inc.  To access, you must logon; or register with Kingsway, who in return will add you to their mailing list, but they are not serial spammers.  Although this is free, gratis, without charge etc etc, please bear in mind that all rights are still reserved and you need all the usual permissions, and/or a worship song license to record/project/reproduce in church and quite right too.  If I state, in the general information shown above, that it is available on the usual CCL licence, it probably is, but the only One you can fully trust is YAHWEH, so for His sake at least, check out my info as it may be duff.  Please don't sue me if I've got it wrong.   Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. I love this song as well, though certainly not new. I may be showing my age, but we used to have great fun before MP3 players when we did the Make Way marching thing from the back of a lorry with a nice loud PA! A church I know uses their seaside town carnival to dress up a bus and do something similar every year even now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds fab, I wonder if our carnival this year has a church float, must find out...

    At Your Name, although not new, is only about 2 years old. Gets the flame going with me every time...

    ReplyDelete