Wednesday 6 June 2012

Kingsway 6th (5th) June

Kingsway were late this week - presumably because of the extended bank holiday weekend here in the UK, for her Maj.

Title: Saviour's Song
First Line: This is Jesus
Artist: Case Crayenord (Kees Krayenoord)
Composer: Case Crayenord, Tim Hughes, Martin Smith
Album: Running Into Love
Mp3: Yes
Sheet Music: Yes
CCL: Yes
Popular sources: Songs of Fellowship 5

My thoughts: Hold my hands up: I am very very biased when it comes to Tim Hughes and Martin Smith, because I think they are two of the very best worship writers around today, in my top 5 at least.  This means I approach this with a somewhat imbalanced point of view, and also, I already have this in my mp3 collection (albeit I have the Tim Hughes version from another album).  Case was once Kees - I presume that he anglicised his Dutch name because we pedants here are unable to get our tongues around those awkward vowel sounds.  I hadn't heard of him until I bought the SOF5 compilations, but, whisper, I think he has a better voice than Hughes so I might exchange one for the other.  If you haven't heard this one before, it has Hughes and Smith's mark all over it (although I haven't heard Martin sing it, if such a version exists, you can totally imagine him singing it), so if you like their back catalogues, you will surely like this, with some input from a very talented Worship Central worship leader.  Big up.

This song is available on Kingsway from today until 11th June inc.  To access, you must logon; or register with Kingsway, who in return will add you to their mailing list, but they are not serial spammers.  Although this is free, gratis, without charge etc etc, please bear in mind that all rights are still reserved and you need all the usual permissions, and/or a worship song license to record/project/reproduce in church and quite right too.  If I state, in the general information shown above, that it is available on the usual CCL licence, it probably is, but the only One you can fully trust is YAHWEH, so for His sake at least, check out my info as it may be duff.  Please don't sue me if I've got it wrong.   Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment