Sunday 3 June 2012

Spirit and Truth

Worship today

A quick rebellion, because I knew I could get away with it.

Strength Will Rise

I felt absolutely exhausted this morning, I needed to remind myself and not just the cong.  Official worship then:

Tell Out, My Soul
Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
Jesus Christ (Once Again)
I Just Want to Praise You (practically a capella)
You Have Been so Good

And was it good?  Yes, it was.  My heart felt freed this morning, with no real stresses on my mind.  A couple of days ago, I decided that if I felt drawn to sing in tongues, I would, and not wait for the cong to take the lead on this.  There was a little of it early on in the worship, but at the end, as the instruments were brought down to a minimum , the Spirit fell and I felt like I was swimming, that split second in time when I felt like I was in the Courts of the King.  I was almost slain up there, and had to sit down at the end, listening to some wonderful testimonies (I think there were few that didn't have at least one thing to share) and a very good message on the person of the Holy Spirit.

I was asked for another chorus at the end, but I couldn't find the chord sheet for the one that hit my heart during the message (Holy Spirit, How I Love You) so instead played Your Name, Stronger than I Know as solo, as the church doesn't yet have the words file with this one on there.

Today will probably come back to me during prayers tonight, and will probably reduce me to tears or maybe further spiritual presence, and with a few days off (not just the Jubilee days either) I'll have time to consider, maybe even wait at His feet a while.

Wonderful, wonderful day.

Back here I spoke of a prophecy that I have repeated to no-one, and in fact, vowed I would not.  I haven't broken this, but I have got advice, at long last, as to whether to repeat it to ask for confirmation, or to pray that a mortal tongue repeats it back to me without any knowledge.  I have been informed it is fine to do the latter, which is what I have been doing.  But the words have been like birth pangs, brought to mind daily, morning, afternoon and night, it could soon invade my dreams.  I am, perhaps, impatient.  But I think the same can be said of a lot of people in the church at the moment, crying, how long?

Guess there has to be some suffering, and a whole load of hoopomonay (cheerful, watchful, patient, endurance)

2 comments:

  1. Many years ago I believe the Lord called me to go to Bible College. There were several apparent confirmations and I then shared my feelings with my pastor. He disagreed, suggesting that it would be a ‘dead end’. Subsequently over the years I was presented with opportunities to engage with ‘full time’ ministry which again didn’t work out. It was only after moving to a different church that I ever felt truly released in my gifting. I still believe I missed out on something in those early years. What I’m saying is, when God speaks you’ll know it, for sure. And submission to leadership is important, as is the passage of time to allow the dust to settle on any such prophesy… all prophesy should be tested. But if it truly is of God, simply yield to his opportunities as they arise. I know now that I should have left that church maybe ten years before I eventually did. I ignored God’s leading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting you should say this, because I got the advice from someone who had a similar calling years ago. He asked from God two confirmations - and he got them. This helped assure him that the word given was of God. And, yes, he listened and now he's reaching into areas of ministry that he barely ever dreamed of.

    I would LOVE the prophecy to be true...really. It's just it's so way out that it's difficult to know if it's of my own imaginations or something that came out of my subconcious trying to pick me up at a low point in the year. That's why I really do need the confirmation. My friend also asked me if there is any biblical parallel with the voice...and yes, there was...sort of..it is very very difficult to explain without actually saying what it is.

    ReplyDelete