Tuesday 29 May 2012

Kingsway 29th May

Title: It's a Wonderful Dance
First Line: It's a wonderful dance
Artist: Godfrey Birtill
Composer: Godfrey Birtill
Album: The Wine is Alive
Mp3: Yes
Sheet Music: Yes
CCL: Cannot confirm
Popular sources: None


My thoughts: I deeply admire Birtill, even if I don't always like what he does.  He's into power praise, the type of praise I would love to develop for myself, and he does it very well.  I find choruses such as Yes and Amen a little annoying, but I found myself bobbing my head a little to this, walking home from work (buses all messed up because of the torch relay) and...Birtill has done it again with a good, strong chant, easy melody, punchy syncopation and succinct words.  Be careful before thinking about reproducing this for use in church, as I am unable to confirm CCL status via the normal routes.  That said, Birtill does not typically treat his choruses as sacrosanct possessions that thou shalt not reproduce elsewhere, so suspect it's just a chorus that is slow to get into the system.

This song is available on Kingsway from today until 5th June inc.  To access, you must register with Kingsway, who in return will add you to their mailing list, but they are not serial spammers.  Although this is free, gratis, without charge etc etc, please bear in mind that all rights are still reserved and you need all the usual permissions, and/or a worship song license to record/project/reproduce in church and quite right too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment