Thursday 3 May 2012

Power and Authority

Had a bizarre day yesterday - everything I touched fell to pieces, but somehow I could only laugh at the various scrapes I got myself into.

I realise now that He has me strong enough to face minor difficulties, and all the tribulations of the last few months have just strengthened my armour.

And practice tonight was more than just practice, it was worship.  We practice in a place that is also a voting station (separate room of course), fairly close to the front door, so we were giving it large to those coming in and going out...

The worship this week is very much Power Praise, I wasn't really thinking of it being polling day when I was choosing them, more that one had been put on my heart (see earlier post) and trying to fit others around it.

Where the worship recently has been all about God the Creator, the theme has shifted to Power and Authority - recognising His, obviously, but maybe also the Power of His Promise..

...hmm must look it up.  Pray about it.  Perhaps I can share it.  After reading a post in another blog which discussed whether WL's should say anything during worship or not, I was gratified to find out that they should mostly stick to their anointing and leave to God the rest, however, I strongly believe a service is for everyone, and if I, even the WL, has something to share, I should share it.

I may be undertaking a new task within the church group too.  God's getting me linked in good, discarding the last vestiges of doubt.

Also, today I relieved myself of an old skeleton, or at least took steps to dismantle it.  I agree with something Bossman said recently: we should be squeaky clean, anything that is in our power to sort out, we should try, asking God to hold our hand through it.  I did, the rest is up to God.  I will bear any consequence from this, but, somehow, as a King's Kid, I believe it will turn out for good.  I certainly feel better for it already.

No comments:

Post a Comment