Tuesday 15 May 2012

Kingsway 15th May

Title: Jesus At The Centre
First Line: Jesus at the Centre
Artist: Israel Houghton & New Breed
Composer: Israel Houghton, Adam Ranney & Micah Massey
Mp3: Yes
Sheet Music: Yes - melody line and guitar chords only.
CCL: Yes.  Not on the latest software update, but I had this confirmed on the website.
Popular sources: None (yet.  But I suspect will be in SOF6, whenever that may be)
Previously heard by me/on mp3 player: No

My thoughts: Have to admit, when I first started listening, I thought it sounded like one of those 70's-soul-stylie choruses, and not to my taste at all.  I wanted to be fair though, and listened all the way through.  Then I found myself humming along to it, and it turns into a fairly powerful chorus which would fit well for most gatherings, even perhaps a healing/deliverance/evangelistic night; the words are motivating enough to get the most reluctant singer at least waving their arms around a little.  I'm still not that keen on the way the chorus starts, but it builds well, and is likely best heard live, as this is, from Israel's latest album Decade; it probably does not translate well into polished studio format.  But.  I have been proved wrong before, and in fact, in less than 2 minutes in this case.  So it will (for a while at least) be put on the mp3 player - and - gasp - perhaps considered by me for potential ministry sessions.  What a turnaround.  Note that the sheet music is melody line and guitar chords only, so your pianist will have to improvise if you use, until another source becomes available.

This song is available on Kingsway from today until 21st May inc.  To access, you must register with Kingsway, who in return will add you to their mailing list, but they are not serial spammers.  Although this is free, gratis, without charge etc etc, please bear in mind that all rights are still reserved and you need all the usual permissions, and/or a worship song license to record/project/reproduce in church and quite right too.

No comments:

Post a Comment