Tuesday 22 May 2012

Kingsway 22nd May

Title: All the Poor and Powerless
First Line: All the poor and powerless
Artist: All Sons & Daughters
Composer: Leslie Jordan & David Leonard
Mp3: Yes
Sheet Music: Yes
CCL: Yes.  Not on the latest software update, but I had this confirmed on the website.
Popular sources: None
Previously heard by me/on mp3 player: No

My thoughts: This lot are a new one on me, and probably not surprising, this isn't the sort of music I listen to.  This one is on their album Season One, apparently, but is unlikely to be added to any wishlist of mine.   Still, they have shades of Morcheeba about them, it reminds me quite strongly of "Enjoy the Ride", but I'm not sure what the squeaking is about at the beginning and I found the key jangling-type percussion throughout a bit annoying.  It is very "Yoof-anthem" like, so will probably be appreciated by the 18-25 crowd, but not a relatively old fogey like me.   I hate to write anything off though, so this will be added to the mp3 player (although, few fail to make it that far actually) and unless it comes up on the random shuffle too frequently, I will probably learn to at least appreciate it.

This song is available on Kingsway from today until 28th May inc.  To access, you must register with Kingsway, who in return will add you to their mailing list, but they are not serial spammers.  Although this is free, gratis, without charge etc etc, please bear in mind that all rights are still reserved and you need all the usual permissions, and/or a worship song license to record/project/reproduce in church and quite right too.  If I state, in the general information shown above, that it is available on the usual CCL licence, it probably is, but the only One you can fully trust is YAHWEH, so for His sake at least, check out my info as it may be duff.  Please don't sue me if I've got it wrong.   Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment