Sunday 6 May 2012

Miracle Maker

Worship this morning:

Praise is Rising
Men of Faith
No, Not by Might
My Jesus, My Saviour
My Lord, What Love is this (Amazing Love)

The pivot, that "special" one, was the last one, but today was very much about crying out to God for healing, personal and national.  At the end, I had a feeling that He wanted me to do another, but I got no message as to what, so I sat down.

The church, or at least some members, are suffering at the moment, a couple of them have pretty serious medical conditions, and then we had some devastating news from my predecessor and her husband.

You know what to play, He seemed to be telling me.  Your feelings about wanting to play another were correct.  I had the briefest of moments to explore my motivations about playing something that wasn't on the words file, that it would end up a performance.  But I had been waiting for the right moment to play it, I was expecting that it would come out during a time of ministry perhaps, or some special moment.

Well, right then was that special moment.  I paused, just in case.  No movement from anyone else.   I gained permission from the leader to sing, and walked up to the mic, picked up to my guitar, said a few words, and sang Miracle Maker by Delirious?  I didn't think I would make it through, but I did detach without becoming too distant from it...

...it has been recorded, and I listened later, this time I had the freedom to cry a little whilst listening.  My singing tutor would have liked what she heard, I did OK.

And I got some advice today which I will make sure I follow: leave the hall to pray as a group, and come back in, bringing the presence of God with you, rather than praying in the hall with all the distractions.   He was completely correct, we had not been taking that aspect of our routine seriously enough.

A good day at the office.   Waiting in His presence.  Sitting at the feet of the miracle maker.  Please God, send healing, send revival to health, hearts and minds everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment