Monday 28 May 2012

Distracted

Yes, I forgot to post yesterday, for the first time in ages.

Worship:

He Brought me into His Banqueting House (request from leader - original "lead" Jesus, Hope of the Nations, ditched)
Jesus! the Name High Over All
All I Once Held Dear
I Sing Praises to Your Name
More Love, More Power

Honestly - I felt I did poorly yesterday, although one person did say to me "nobody noticed" which makes me think either a) my worst is better than I thought b) he's looking through rose-tinted spectacles or c)...

...it wasn't that bad at all, it's just that I've set a bar too high.  He noticed how much the worship had changed over the last few weeks, it is true that something has clicked over and worship has become worship, not just "something we do"

My excuse for my "performance" is that I was distracted.  Later, the distraction made me angry, this morning I am disappointed with myself in allowing the distraction to take hold.  After all, it is a distraction I should be used to, but I guess it's me saying to God "Why are You so slow sorting this out?" and Him saying "You never have let go..."

So I am perhaps being unfair on myself.  It doesn't stop me licking my wounds occasionally..

No comments:

Post a Comment