Tuesday 8 May 2012

Kingsway 8th May

Title: New Day
First Line: Your Love Has Opened My Eyes
Artist: Ben Cantelon/Worship Central
Composer: Ben Cantelon, Nick Herbert
Mp3: Yes
Sheet Music: Yes
CCL: Yes
Popular sources: Songs of Fellowship 5
Previously heard by me/on mp3 player: No

My thoughts: I have to admit, conservative as I am, or maybe it just simply takes time for me to get anything new, I am starting to develop deep respect for Ben Cantelon and other Worship Central output; I may have had a preconceived idea that HT Brompton were churning out production line worship.  Shame on me.  This particular track, which is on Everything in Colour, Cantelon's new album, as well as Spirit Break Out, would suit many congregations; easy to learn, a chant to lead and to bridge, and words you can believe in.   Even in the somewhat middle aged to older demog I live with at the moment, I can see them getting into this, or they would at least sway along to it.   Yes, I like this one a lot, and it will probably stay on my mp3 player for quite a while.

This song is available on Kingsway from today until 14th May inc.  To access, you must register with Kingsway, who in return will add you to their mailing list, but they are not serial spammers.  Although this is free, gratis, without charge etc etc, please bear in mind that all rights are still reserved and you need all the usual permissions, and/or a worship song license to record/project/reproduce in church and quite right too.

2 comments:

  1. Hi... just a thought. I've found Christian internet radio at times quite inspirational. Maybe an acquired taste... I like cbm praise which is purely music, though some days work better than others. Then from the uk, ucb or premier have more of a programming mix. USA Fish radio(s) are usually a little rockier though heavy on local ads. The Blast is aggressive rock for sure. There are many others of every style to choose from and ideal for app phones etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. In fact, two internet radio stations have become a "resource" in a real sense I think. Gentle Praise is mostly instrumental, but I hear inspiration for the worship choruses. I am reminded of beautiful old choruses such as Pour Over Me, and also, as used recently, Amazing Love. The Light is more youth orientated, but keeps me up to date with what is popular and known, particularly as the base for the station is very local to where I live - thus if the slightly younger Christians visit our church, I have some idea what might be good...hence the frenzied activity with choruses, Musescore etc, lately. I am prepared for a lot of eventualities. :-) Will look up your suggestions.

    ReplyDelete