Monday 21 May 2012

Position of Responsiblity

I'm still somewhat basking in yesterday, my spirit is just so happy, which manifests itself in a big smile on my face.  The weather, cheering at last, helps.

I could have mentioned this yesterday, but there was a lot to ponder on.  Bossman got an awesome word from someone last week.  He had heard, or been in a place where someone got cured of cancer after having hands laid on them.  Yes, miracle, yes, awesome, but this isn't an "ordinary" healing (if there is such a thing)

The elders who prayed for the person were Freemasons.

Why?  He asked, why when they are on the wrong path, they pray for people and they get healed?  The answer came out of James (calling on the Elders for healing etc) - their office gives them the responsiblity and authority to do what they do and miracles happen.

This is incredible if you think about it, and has actually made me feel (a little) less guilty about not getting "right into" worship, or feeling that I am not getting out of it what I would do if I was a member of the cong.  The office given me gives me the responsibility and the authority to do what I do - lead people into the throne room of God, regardless of where I might be in Christ. It reminded me again of when I was prayed for last year (on the same day I asked about water baptism and started that chain of events off), the prayer was specific - to be given authority.  Amazing how it is now showing itself.

I want to be a lot more than that though.  I want to be a worshipper as well as leading worship.

Now - exactly how can I do this without ending up on the floor....?  Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment