Friday 18 May 2012

Just when I thought it was safe...

No.  I was burying them again, all the emotions, all the hurt, all the frustrations.

I hate it when life seems to be ticking along again, and the same ole, same ole, same ole problem just comes up time and time again.

New problems I can handle.  Perhaps they are not pleasant, but at least they are interesting.  But when you have examined a problem to frustration point and you can't see a way through, to have it well up in your conscience again and again is a bit like being beaten with a stick when you're still bruised.

Yes.  I know.  I should lay them at the feet of the Cross.  I thought I had, and to be fair, I have made no attempt lately to "sort it out myself".  The frustrations come up of their own accord.  In fact, last night, I was wondering what was bothering me as I lapsed into silence after practice, troubled about the sickness in the church maybe?  Then it hit me later.  Something had been said, and it brought an old problem to the surface that will simply not die.  It has a remarkable sense of survival; this type of thing makes me think that He actually needs me to make some move to deal with it...

It will be passive - for a few weeks.  But what then?  The Q word has hit my thoughts again, and every time it does, I get more and more resolved to do so.  But I did make a promise to someone not to until I had spoken to them - and frankly, now isn't the time.

But I can't go on like this.  Really, I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment