Sunday 20 May 2012

God's timing...and how to listen for it

I had been tieing myself up in knots the last few days, things that had been said that I was brooding on, and I was thinking about one chorus in the lineup which just wasn't fitting.  I said to PA man, and the rest of the group, that it was quite likely it would be dropped.  I was 99% certain it would be.  I was also screaming out for change, for revelation.  I properly prepared for this morning, because I thought it was the right thing to do, and not just because we had a guest.  The worship progressed gradually, at exactly the right pace, the Spirit telling me to bring it right...back....after the two lively ones:

O Lord Our God (Magnify)
Holy, Holy, God Almighty (Holy is Your Name)

There was the chorus, written off by me.  Some words came out of the congregation, and the Spirit was saying: "Play it."  Suddenly, it was fitting again.  "Play it.  But slower than normal."

Come, Now is the Time to Worship

OK, I might get into trouble as praise and worship had gone on longer than usual.  So onto:

Into Your Hands (Jesus I Believe)

And, glory, we were singing in tongues at the end.  My prepared, servant heart, was leading the congregation into the throne room of God.  This is humbling stuff.  At one point, I had to make sure my feet were apart so I didn't get "slain"!  All my "ears" were listening, for the group, for the cong, for Him, who was taking me through another portion of Boot Camp, I was learning, I was swimming.  G2 chord...."Great.....is....the...Lord....", much much much slower than Delirious? tended to play it.

Thank You for Saving Me (Great is the Lord)

I was exhausted at the end.  This meant Good Day at the Office.  Pondering on it now, I wonder what it would have been like to be part of the cong today.  I have to detach myself most of the time, rather than concentrate too hard on the words, else I would be a puddle, and slain, in whatever order.

And the message?  Oh yeah.  That was about worship.  God and His timing.  He never did want Come removed from the lineup.  He wanted them all.  I had absolutely no idea.  It's a lesson, and I may have graduated a particular class.  I have a lineup ready for a special night in a couple of weeks, and I am not going to change it unless there is a strong feeling, I just completely wussed out last time.  Mistake.  Doesn't matter how many new ones there are.  Just.  Play.  Them.  Listen.  Always Listen.

And me, and a certain other significant person learnt a lot of stuff from the speaker today.  The message was for both of us as well as the church, and it was a true answer to prayer.  There was a hidden admonishment for me within the message too, telling me to hold back, to stand and fight whatever problem is causing issues, before going to others.

Thank You.  For setting me apart.  For using me.  For as long as I have strength I will serve.  All I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment