Thursday 28 June 2012

Little by little

About to go on a trip for work purposes.  I am looking forward to it, but I guess I'm suffering from a little melancholia because tonight is normally practice night, and I'm not there.

I did pick up my guitar today, and at one point I was entering a new form of worship - well, new to me.  I was thinking about what was said to me a few Sundays ago, a suggestion made which I put into action, but I drifted into it so naturally.

I got so excited about it, thinking about the situations that I could use it in, I forgot that my practice sessions should also be worship - and maybe I missed out on a blessing.  Still, I played some old favourites, was touched by one or two and felt...happy.

When I enjoy my practice so much, and think of times when leading worship has been like running through treacle, it makes thoughts of going back difficult.  But I realise that playing purely for myself is probably selfish.  I really do want a clear answer, but it is going to take some dilligent searching.

No comments:

Post a Comment