Sunday 5 August 2012

And the greatest of these...

Worship this morning

The King of Love is my Delight
The Love of God is Greater Far
Beautiful Lord, Wonderful Saviour
You Are God in Heaven - a.k.a. Let my words be few.  I used the chorus only
Here I am Waiting

And, totally unplanned, but felt right:

Amazing Grace

Gosh, it feels like a long time since I did that one.

Yes, Love was the theme, and Love and the Potter was the theme of the message.

Still can't shake this unease.   There are a number of things causing this, and I'm slowly building a journal of thoughts and it all points to something that seems horribly inevitable.  Nothing is inevitable where God is concerned, I need to look at this outside my own understanding.

I heard a story last night of a guy who filmed this monkey at the zoo; the monkey was pointing at a lock as if to say to let him out.  Somewhat heartwrenching - you want to fulfill their request, but know it's not in their best interests...

..well, I got something similar today, on a human scale.  The desperate request from someone and you don't know if it is the best thing, or, more importantly, inside God's will.

And as an interesting footnote - I have been official worship leader of my church for one year, or at least, this is my 53rd week - Tuesday is the "official" anniversary I suppose, being the first Sunday I led after my predecessor left, but the first day was really 1st August.

No comments:

Post a Comment