Sunday 26 August 2012

One better day

Worship this morning

Jesus, We Celebrate Your Victory
Fill Your Hearts with Joy
Wonderful Grace
Purify My Heart
You Have Been So Good

Ever the eagle-eyed (although I'm not good at hiding my feelings), Bossman homed in on me today and asked how I was, I said spiritually I was a bit rough.  I didn't go into too many details, but I think he could guess.

I'm really not ready to discuss it all.

But...today was a better day.  It wasn't particularly special.  I didn't feel especially "zapped" or annointed...just...calm.  It puts me in mind of my "hurricane" theory of last year; the eye of the storm is always the quietest.

With the encounter yesterday, a bible reading last night out of Psalm 77 and a general feeling that I have to prioritise and put Him at the top of the list, I feel a mixture of peace and anticipation, with a pinch of God fear, a sprinkling of mortal fear and a quite liberal amount of chastisement.

This has left me a bit confused - but I least I know I am confused, rather than just a teensy bit insane.

Or maybe I'm that too.   After all, one of the roots of Hallelujah, Haw-lal, also means "foolishness".

Am I to carry on and be a fool for God?  Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment