Wednesday 1 August 2012

Good and bad

Strangely, Kingsway haven't posted anything this week - it may be down to holidays, they may post something later, but has never been this late before - so I'm guessing that there won't be one this week.

I've got a fair bit to occupy my mind anyway.

Got some upsetting news this morning regarding one sick friend, who has basically had a turn for the worse.  I won't go into my thoughts here, and at the risk of this maybe sounding strange, it is their spouse that I feel most for, and have the burden from the Lord to pray for - and I do, nightly, and sometimes during the day.  We know where the person is going - and so does the spouse - but it doesn't make it any easier to bear - I'm sure one of my followers relates strongly to that, albeit that I cannot.  Yet.  That day may come for me, and maybe this is what stings my conscience.  I am very likely to end up alone for a period of my life and I am so grateful Christ is a Friend, the greatest I could have, because my secular personality...

...I dread to think what my secular personality would do in such a situation...

I should pray for a miracle - but it is actually a little more complicated than that.  I believe in miracles, actually I know they exist, but in this situation it is difficult to know what to pray for.  It's almost as if God has given me an easy way out in praying primarily for their spouse.

But there was good news today.  One of my closest brothers in Christ, as mentioned the other day, is still improving and has come home.  This is truly joyous news, and I actually wonder whether I'll be able to visit him next week?  It would be good if I can get my act together to do at least that.

No comments:

Post a Comment