Monday 30 July 2012

Prayer or Perspective?

Or another P word - philosophical.

When my mind and heart quit raging about something, and I realise that it really isn't worth the aggro, I often feel it's my secular self saying to my spiritual self, "Stop being such a drama queen."

She's wrong actually.  But she does have a point.  I can't do anything about this until Wednesday, and God's timing, impeccable as always, has made sure that I calmed down and had a few prayers said over me first before I even begin to think about doing anything about it, and making sure that any form of temptation is out of the way.  I actually put it down to the prayer, not the self admonishment, that my attitude is 100% improved today than from yesterday, and about 200% from last Thursday.

Is it really worth getting uptight over?  Actually, a couple of people think it is.  It isn't far away from my thoughts, but it has been "filed" in "pending".  It may stare at me angrily for a couple of days...but.  I will not let it overtake my thoughts.  This sure is a personality learning curve.

I now know what I need to say.  The rest is up to God.  Do I trust Him?  Yes.  Let's go.

No comments:

Post a Comment