Tuesday 17 July 2012

Kingsway 17th July

Title: There is a Day
First Line: There is a day
Artist: Lou Fellingham
Composer: Nathan Fellingham
Album: Best of Lou Fellingham Live
Mp3: Yes
Sheet Music: Yes
CCL: Yes
Popular sources: SOF3, Mission Praise, Digital Survivor

My thoughts: It feels like Lou and Nat have been around for ever - the Fellinghams' music was popular and well used in churches when I first started going to the Pentecostals a couple of decades ago.  They rarely fail to please, and I have to admit to being ever so slightly blown away by this one (despite it vaguely reminding me of a secular song - and I can't quite put my finger on it...).  But I had a couple of further surprises - not only is this one already on my mp3 player; the random shuffle appears not to have hit it yet, (although this one is a better version than the one I have), but also it is a lot older than I thought.  It was written in a year which I've coined the Year of the Buried Talent - 2001.  In 2001, In Christ Alone was written, and there were some other amazing choruses that were popular in the churches, such as Days of Elijah and My Jesus, My Saviour - hence I think a fair few choruses just got "drowned out" and forgotten, and are found later as lost gems.  Am I feeling very very "homesick" lately and this is a chorus that is especially talking to my heart?  Live performances also feel very anointed, and it's great when I can "sense" the atmosphere, considering that I'm listening digitally.  This is a wonderful freebie to have on the mp3 player, and I suspect it will be there for quite some time, and most definitely considered as a future chorus for my church.  Go get it, you will be blessed.

This song is available on Kingsway from today until 23rd July inc.  To access, you must logon; or register with Kingsway, who in return will add you to their mailing list, but they are not serial spammers.  Although this is free, gratis, without charge etc etc, please bear in mind that all rights are still reserved and you need all the usual permissions, and/or a worship song license to record/project/reproduce in church and quite right too.  If I state, in the general information shown above, that it is available on the usual CCL licence, it probably is, but the only One you can fully trust is YAHWEH, so for His sake at least, check out my info as it may be duff.  Please don't sue me if I've got it wrong.   Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment