Saturday 21 July 2012

Slow development

This morning went OK - I may have expected more out of it, but I felt comfortable enough, and a couple of them thanked me so I'm fairly happy.

I'm not firing on all cylinders today though, it looks like a nice day and I've been invited round someone's house but I really don't feel up to it.

An old enemy reared its head this morning, and as soon as I felt it, I thought, oh no not again.  Not exactly a thorn in the flesh, more something that I really should get seen to at some point - by a spiritual warrior rather than a doctor.   Haven't felt that way in about 15 months.  It passed, probably because the Spirit is strong in my life, but it is something I don't want to occur too frequently, not with other things being the way they are.

And the news from the other quarters looks increasingly heartbreaking.  I know that there are positive thoughts that can come out of this, that our future does not stop with death, in fact it begins there.  But why, I think, why should there be grief be in the world?  And why should some suffer it keenly, and more than once in their life?  At least I now know why He has asked me to pray for this person so specifically, and fervently.  And I will.

Anyway - I practiced my singing this afternoon despite a churning stomach, and it felt good to concentrate on my voice for a little while, now that singing lessons have a bit of a hiatus.  When leading worship, the focus tends to be on other things rather than my actual voice - it needs special attention once in a while.

First Sunday in 4 weeks tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment