Friday 20 July 2012

Always on my mind

There are some things that really are totally out of your control and there is no point worrying about them, as they just become a burden.

Practice was good last night, it was good to be back actually, some easy picks made this week which made for a relaxed and joyful session...

...then one of us shared some news that was not good, and sent me into introspection.  I'm already praying into the situation (from a specific angle) and there are others I know praying in, and fervently, from other angles.  It is serious enough that weak Christians could start to lose faith.  Oh yes, it really is that serious.

I was thinking about it before work this morning, that the Resurrection is the ultimate miracle and this is what we should focus on when doubts start to creep in.  There were witnesses to the living, walking, talking Christ after death on the Cross - why lie about it, and therefore, why doubt it happened?

I'm praying specifically for two people, at the moment, one is also unwell, but I know that God has too much in store for them to be taken away or even stop.  So I'm praying for quick recovery for this one (and for God to speak to them whilst they have the opportunity - they're always zipping around being Martha, and forget to be Mary).  I have no doubts.  I just worry they have too much self-will, and may forget to take things slowly.

The other is a spouse of one who is seriously unwell and it is this person for whom we had worrying news.  I hear statements of faith about them, how a miracle will occur, that they will be healed.  I fervently hope they will.  Why has God put their spouse so specifically on my heart?  I find a prayer for them every night, even when I don't feel like praying or am very tired.  In my mind, they stand stark against a bright blue sky, and I'm starting to get visions for them, and last night they were in a dream I had.  Why is this?  I don't even want to think as to why it could be - I just pray.  If I could ask God for what the future holds, I don't think I would, because I'm scared of the answer.  And I don't think He would tell me anyway.

This person though - always on my mind.  I'm here.  I'm praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment